You begin the application process by submitting a form developed by the FAA Certification Branch. The form is available here
for your convenience. We strongly recommend you view the FAA information regarding your foreign license and follow FAA directions to get your FAA Private Pilot license as soon as possible to avoid training delays. Here is how to get to the FAA’s information on this matter:
- Go to faa.gov
- Click on the “License and Certificates” tab.
- Click on the “More Airmen Certification” link in the center of the page.
- Click on the “Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating or Medical Certification” link in the center of the page. This page provides instructions and another link to the “Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification,” which will allow you to download the PDF form.
The FAA will need the completed form as well as the following to verify the authenticity of your foreign license:
- A legible copy of all pages of the foreign pilot license
- A legible English transcription of the foreign pilot license, if the license is not in English
- A legible copy of the foreign medical license/endorsement, as appropriate