|All students both domestic and international must provide information to the TSA in order to obtain flight training in the U.S.
|U.S. students must provide proof of citizenship via one of the following original documents:
- A birth certificate
- A US Passport
- Certificate of Citizenship
FFTC must retain a copy of the original on file as per TSA requirements.
|All Non US Citizens must complete the TSA application at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov. After your TSA request is acknowledged by the school, you will be asked to remit a payment of $130 per course/rating and then to submit your fingerprints for background check.
|You will need a scanned copy of your passport to complete the process. You should have your I-20 at least in process so that you can use the information off of it.
|Here is some additional information that will help you through the process:
- The TSA process can take up to 30 days especially if you do not carefully complete the application. If you need help, contact us.
- In some cases, you may be required to submit a new request for different stages of the training. You cannot start your flight training until the school receives a clearance from the TSA
|Completing the TSA Application Online
- Login in to www.fligthschoolcandidates.gov and make your new user name as per TSA GuideLines. The TSA will send a password to the email address you provide.
- After receiving username and password, change your password and login again. Don’t share this information with anyone.
- Fill in all required information in all given forms as per guidelines on each page. All information must be correct.
- Every candidate must fill in information for each certificate or rating he or she will be obtaining as follows:
- Private Pilot (in course name, course id, and course description), Aircraft (Single Engine Land)
- Instrument Rating (in course name, course id, and course description), Aircraft (Single Engine Land)
- Commercial (in course name, course id, and course description), Aircraft (Single Engine Land)
- MultiEngine Rating (in course name, course id, and course description), Aircraft (MultiEngine Land)
Note: In all training requests, fill up the start date and course end date as per given in your I-20 form.
- In the training request category, select category 3 in each training request at the bottom of the page.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport
- Go back to the main page of your application and submit each training request (as per the guidelines). If any submission shows an error, correct each error as per the guidelines.
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email for each certificate or rating you submitted. The email will ask you to pay $130 to the TSA for that rating or program.
- Go to the TSA website at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov and login.
- On the main page, click on each request (Pay fee $) and fill in credit card details to pay the fee.
- Print out the TSA fee receipts for your own records.
- After paying TSA the online fee for each training request, you will receive an email for each training request which will request your fingerprints. You should have been able to get your fingerprints at these TSA fingerprint locations.
- Your TSA approval to start your flight training will be sent to your email after submitting the finger prints. Be patient, it can take 4 to 7 working days after submitting the fingerprints to get TSA approval to start flight training.
After receiving TSA approval, forward your approval emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be forwarded to the Chief Pilot and you can report to school to begin training if all other requirements for enrollment are met.